So far 42: UK Methodist Bloggers Meeting introduced the idea (and the comments explored it a lot).
Then 42: First pass Dates for UK Methodist Bloggers Mtg started looking at the details so if you have not yet indicated date preferences please go and do so NOW!
Now here are some thoughts on Location (which in the comments to 42: UK Methodist Bloggers Meeting indicated a preference for M5/M42 and cheap). Some options after a bit of googling:
- Pick a Church, pay for an internet connection, sleep on the Church Hall Floor, 24 hour pizza delivery (please not!). More likely eat out Fri Night, cold pizza for breakfast, buffet for lunch. Total cost per person under £50 (if you eat cheap).
- Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre. Bit closer to centre of Birmingham than we were thinking about, see multimap. Has internet access. Full board for 24 hours including meeting room is £85. No alcohol.
- Community for Reconciliation Barnes Close I got an answer to my enquiry (within 2 hours 15 minutes, late on a Saturday night!). £54 per person and WiFi is available. Available for some of our dates (the first two).
- Bromsgrove Hotel: Pedersen Hotels don't know about Wifi. Cost around £110 per person.
- Hillscourt Conference Centre in Bromsgrove, don't know about Wifi. Cost £125 per person.
- Travelodge - Tamworth M42 has a meeting room, does not yet have WiFi. Cost £26 per room plus all meals apart from breakfast, plus meeting room (plus detox needed after).
Feedback please. Are any of these promising? If not why not? Any more suggestions?
All my posts about the UK Methodist Bloggers Meeting are listed at: 42: Methodist Bloggers Meeting.
Added price and wifi support to the Community for Reconciliation option.