I am pleased to announce that it is now much safer to invite your friends to Syston Methodist Church. While the Church has a reputation of being friendly to visitors we have rather let the welcome down with the quality of our coffee (summed up as yucky).
Well help is on hand. I have just had three big boxes delivered containing a fantastic professional filter machine and all the bits. We are going to have lovely Fairtrade filter coffee in a choice of both caffeinated and decaffeinated. To ensure top quality coffee along with flexibility and safety our coffee is made straight into big vacuum flasks with pumps for serving.
First airing in the Ally Cafe on Saturday 26th February between 7pm and 10pm for our Wii Bowling evening – all welcome (I couldn't wait til Sunday morning as I'll be in Birstall where sadly their coffee quality is lagging behind). Still last Sunday evening I was at Claremont Street which boasts the best biscuits in the Circuit
At a recent meeting of people on twitter one of the things we discussed was how connected we have our various pieces of social media.
For me there are currently five main elements to my use of social media:
- This blog 42.blogs.warnock.me.uk, this has now being going 7.5 years. Nowadays the content is mostly faith related with some general life, politics etc thrown in.
- My cycling blog 42bikes.warnock.me.uk this is about cycling A mix of experiences, campaigning, comment etc. I am writing more here in recent months having taken up the challenge to post something everyday for 2011.
- Twitter @dave42w
- Facebook dave.warnock
- Flickr for photos davew42
Until a few minutes ago I had these pretty much automatically connected. Now I have some separation. So here is how I plan to connect them/cross post.
- I will update twitter and facebook whenever I post to either blog. I need to check whether they will appear on facebook as full posts or just links (as quite a lot of people comment on the facebook full posts I thiuk that is worth continuing).
- I have stopped automatically updating facebook from twitter. So facebook users won't see all the twitter oddities with # @ etc in them.
- I will sometimes update both twitter and facebook with a status message if I think both groups of people will be interested (for the technically minded I can do this by adding a #fb to the end of the tweet or from within the Hootsuite twitter client)
- Conversations on twitter (replies and retweets in particular) will not appear on facebook.
- My latest photos on flickr appear in the sidebar of 42bikes.warnock.me.uk
If I ever have time to bother I might use the features of twitter and facebook to breakdown my followers/friends into groups (family, work, cycling, …). But I don't expect to make this a very high priority.
I guess that over time I will fine tune this.