Some choice quotes:
- "Feminism is a deadly evil, responsible for most divorces today, especially in America! Feminism is so prevalent that many Christian families have been infiltrated with this destructive menace--virtually undetected."
- "Weigand, a lecturer at Smith College, shows that modern feminism is a direct outgrowth of American Communism."
- "Christ-honoring Christians will eventually be arrested, convicted, and imprisoned for "terrorizing" homosexuals."
- "Feminism is anti-God, anti-marriage, and anti-family."
- "There are few things worse in my opinion, than a woman who takes on the disposition of an authoritative man."
- "Feminism is rebellion against the Word of God. Feminism is impatient, and seeks immediate divorce from a husband who exercises his authority over his wife."
- "Women today have been brainwashed by domestic violence literature to seek divorce at the first sign of abuse."
- "You probably won't like this; but a husband has a God-given RIGHT to decide who his wife associates with, where she goes, when she goes there, when she has sex with him, how she dresses, etc. Now a loving husband will be fair, and desire for his wife to have a happy life; but the husband should have veto power in a marriage."
- " I am not advocating domestic violence; but a husband who tracks his wife's time, whereabouts, and associations is NOT being abusive--he is RULING over his wife as God expects him to."
- "Today, a woman living in America can CRUCIFY her husband if he tries to control her, which is his Biblical right. Feminism forbids a husband from controlling his wife in any manner; but God says the husband should have total control."
- "Please don't misunderstand what I am saying; I'm not against helping a legitimately battered woman getting on her feet. However, many of the women claiming spousal abusive are shiftless, lazy, irresponsible, cut-throat women who simply exploit the system to leave their husband. They're looking for an easy way out. The system is often a "way out" for careless and irresponsible women who leave their husbands holding the bag--the job, the mortgage, the kids, the problems, the debts, etc."
- show clearly how their teaching cannot be understood in this way and how their view of submission is not a slippery slope to this hateful treatment of women
- clearly reject this understanding with clear teaching on why the Bible does not support this view.
- demonstrate through the way they include and support women in their Churches that the treatment suggested in this article will not be tolerated
Note that in this instance I am not asking you to renounce Male Headship but to agree that this is a gross mis-representationship of your understanding of Male Headship.