It has been a long time since I last posted. In fact I have not just been behind on posting I have also got way behind on reading blogs, facebook and twitter.
However, this is not the result of boredom. Instead life has been both full and exciting with no energy left over. I want to share some of the things that have been keeping me busy.
In my personal life in this new year (Methodist and School) two changes are significant. Jane has a new position as a teaching assistant, that means more hours but also means we get a day off together which we did not have last year. Very nice it is too. Secondly, our youngest son has just started secondary school, that changes a number of dynamics in the family.
In work terms there have been lots of changes too.
- Our circuit has a new superintendent and it is his first superintendency.
- This August we have moved from 4 to 3 ministers in the Circuit
- I am now responsible for an additional two churches while dropping one. So in alphabetical order I am the minister for Irthlingborough, Old Weston, Raunds, Thrapston and Wollaston. Fortunately Wollaston has a very capable Lay Worker which makes a big difference.
- I am now on the Methodist Council as Northampton District Representative, the first meeting is Monday and Tuesday next week in London. Still ploughing through the 160 pages of agenda items.
- As a result of being the District Council Representative I have found myself on the District Executive Committee.
- A number of the elements of our Circuits Vision are really starting to kick in now. Among them is my role as Circuit Worship & Fresh Expressions Enabler.
Beyond these things there is another work related change on the horizon. My 5 year appointment to the Nene Valley Circuit ends in August 2010. We decided not to seek an extension and so will be moving next August. Please note that there will be no discussion here of potential stations. All the Churches in the circuit were informed several weeks ago. This was a hard decision but we believe that it is the right thing for the Circuit and for our family. It will be hard to leave so many friends and wonderful churches but on the other hand leaving would only get harder if we stay longer.
I am going to write separately about what is happening in the Churches as it is really exciting and there is a lot to say.