So I have been very quiet for a while. There are several reasons for that. Firstly, I have been very busy with work particularly:
- Hope08 in Thrapston
- preparing for Annual General Meeting in Raunds
- work on our Circuit Vision
All that coincided with a significant over-run upgrade to the main server at home (to Ubuntu 8.04 and Sun Ray Server Software 4.0) – Ubuntu is an easy install, SRSS is a pig. With very limited time it has taken a couple of weeks.
So anyway. What is good?
- Hope08 in Thrapston.
A huge weekend ahead with the town Charter Fair on Saturday. As part of Hope08 we have a huge presence with loads of stalls in the grounds of St James, plus prayer balloons and stuff in the High Street.
On Sunday we have Praise in the Park with live music on a big trailer.
Recently we had an update meeting to share news of all the projects under way and those we are starting to plan for later. Another good turnout and lots of enthusiasm.
- Circuit Vision
We have released our vision paper to the Circuit and had a discussion at the Circuit Meeting. We now have until July 31st for feedback before a special Circuit meeting to decide how to proceed. The staff are all pretty fired up with our proposals which include a radical shakeup of Methodism in this area – all based on huge focus on Mission with 3 key elements Outreach, Worship & Small Groups.
- New Toys
I’ll blog about them separately, but anyweay I have two new toys. A Garmin Edge 705 Bike Computer (sat nav etc etc) – fantastic. Also one of the new 8.9" screen Asus Eee PC’s (tiny notebook computer running Linux) – superb for travelling around.
What is not so good?
- Recent stress with a son going through GCSE’s
- My diary this week has some tricky days.
- AM: Take son to Northampton. Christian Bookshop. Visit District Chair.
- Lunch: Meeting far side Northampton
- PM: Lead worship at Strawberry tea (Ringstead), Cook and lead worship at WOT (Raunds), Lead Bible Study (Thrapston)
- AM: Mission Consultation at Ringstead (finishes at 1)
- PM Charter Fair Thrapston (starts at 12)
- AM: Service at Raunds. 1 baptism, 2 confirmations, communion all with 50 guests
- Lunch: Praise in the Park Thrapston
- PM: Anniversary Service & Tea at Thrapston. Evening Worship at Old Weston
Anyway good to be back. Bye for now.