A variety of things I have been meaning to blog about but have not given up on properly doing so. All are worth reading:
- Straight, Not Narrow: Which Biblical Marriage Do People Really Want? We do need to consider a wider view of Scripture than just a few proof texts. When we do so we find the picture is less clear than we might like. Original article is Welcome to Ethics Daily.com! Do Southern Baptists Really Support ‘Biblical’ Marriage?
- I’ll be at the debate Methodists plan to put climate change into the picture | Ekklesia. I think we need to be doing a lot more. This should not just be a "development" issue but should be a challange to every aspect of being church.
- The Simple Pastor: Is Christianity Middle Class? Part 2. Personally I suspect that whenever Christianity becomes Middle Class it has done so by watering down the gospel.
- David has a couple of interesting posts. www.MethodistPreacher.com: When and who should close dying churches? and www.MethodistPreacher.com: Opportunity lost? However, we are not (thank goodness) a centralised Church where any one body has the power to make changes across the connexion.
- Closeted Pastor: Mean Friends much good stuff on this blog. Well worth reading.
- Obscene Beauty: Manifesto of Hope for Edinburgh (What Scotland can learn from MH III) interesting, much I can agree with but I despair over the idea that the future of Christianity depends on getting rid of women from all leadership. Everything I have experienced says that is a disaster for mission.
- So much good stuff on No Impact Man, of recent stuff Getting concrete is excellent.
Wow no more open tabs. Fantastic.