- 2 wind turbines. Powered all the tills. Significant reduction in energy from the grid.
- Rainwater harvesting: reduced water consumption by 60%
- Sustainable timber structure, used 420 trees, they had replanted 420 in the original forest plus 420 locally (car park sign posts also from sustainable timber).
- Lighting included a lot of natural light with automatic dimmers on electric lights
- re-using heat from the fridges to heat the building
- several other things I can ‘t remember at the moment.
Still a long way to go to be considered really green. But what was interesting was that all these green features have actually created a much nicer building to shop in. The atmosphere was much nicer to breathe, the lighting much more pleasant and the look much better (lots of timber structure visible).