A few links that have picked up my discussions and run with them or that seem related to me:
PFOT & Penal Substitution
- Threads from Henry’s Web » Dave Warnock Reads PFOT.
- Threads from Henry’s Web » A Fruitful Faith.
- Threads from Henry’s Web » Focusing the Atonement.
- Speaker of Truth » The Maltese Cross, or the Christian one?
- Obscene Beauty: Was Jesus condemned on the cross?
- Speaker of Truth » What is Penal Substitutionary Atonement?.
- alastair.adversaria » NTW on Penal Substitution Debates.
More general on Evangelicalism
- Karl Barth for critiquing 20th Century Evangelical American theology today hat tip Faith and Theology: Karl Barth and American evangelicalism.
- Giving nonviolence a real chance | Ekklesia.
Spring Harvest vs UCCF
- It’s not about Steve » The Cartoon Blog by Dave Walker.
- Speaker of Truth » More from Broadbent on UCCF – Spring Harvest split.
Meanwhile Adrian has linked to my series on Pierced for our Transgressions in Dave Warnock Shares an Alternative View of the Atonement, I am not sure what alternative view I have shared yet The comments include the start of a potentially interesting discussion:
Me: Methodism has a long evangelical tradition – one that I am pleased to
be part of. Being a Methodist Evangelical is a normal and good place to
be and has been so for over 250 years.
Adrian: Methodism practically invented evangelicalism. I guess folks today are
blurring the boundaries of evangelicalism – I am interested in what
should be the definition of an evangelical in the 21st century.
Me: I don’t get this. I don’t know in what way you are saying that
Evangelical Methodists have blurred the boundaries of evangelicalism.
In what ways is my evangelicalism blurred compared to John Wesley?