Wayne has wise words on the gender debate (that can be applied elsewhere as well):
I wish that neither side would call themselves the "biblical" position, or at least I wish that each side would say "We believe our position is biblical, but we fully recognize that the other side believes they are more so. Complegalitarian: What bugs each side.
Oh and I have no problem being called a Biblical feminist (although I suspect that it may mean something different in the USA).
In British terms I have a feminist agenda. I want women to be to treated as God created them to be ie equal to men, with the same opportunities as men and no restrictions on role/career etc.
- 42: Becki’s Wanderings: Together on a Mission.
- 42: CoE gets something right.
- 42: New Frontiers and Women.
- 42: Putting paid to the complementarian position on 1 Corinthians 14:33-34.
- 42: Auntie Knows Best: Newfrontiers and women.
- 42: A bizarre gender debate.
- 42: What does Male Headship teach?.
- 42: A new blog to disagree with.
- 42: Films as good gender examples.