Just a few useful resources on working more efficiently with email.
One tip I did not see but find useful myself is to have multiple email addresses. For example I follow a lot of mailing lists and so have one email address for IT related lists and another for all others (I have annother for this weblog). This reduces the visibility of my main email address for spammers as well as providing an immediate prioritisation of my incoming mail (I don’t check the mailing list accounts as often).
Onto the links:
- 43 Folders | Writing sensible email messages.
- 43 Folders | Five fast email productivity tips.
- 43 Folders | Quick tips on processing your email inbox.
- 43 Folders | My email diet.
- Macworld: Feature: The inbox makeover.
As you can see, not a huge variety of sources but mostly pretty sensible stuff. Interestingly they don’t mention using message filters which I also find very useful, particularly for mailing lists. Maybe their email software is not as good as Thunderbird
Original link was Boing Boing: HOWTO write ass-kicking emails and get a response.