I have had some more time playing with Mbrship.org and so there is progress to report.
This is going well, the fun factor is high as I hoped.
I did join the mailing list but the volume was so high (with well mannered and helpful responses) that I have found it a much better use of time to find things from the book Agile Web Development with Rails, Rails Recipes and from Google.
I have a couple of tables with forms and have also been able to get into custom pretty url’s. All with very little code (I think less than 10 lines of ruby: rake stats does not give a clear picture due to the majority of code being generated automatically) and a little bit of html.
- added a subversion repository for the source code (see mbrship: Subversion Source Repository) it even has code in it (but not really ready even for the very brave yet). This uses a shared SSL certificate. I will be getting a dedicated certificate for mbrship.com before offerring hosting (see mbrship: The mbrship business model).
- updated the blog a little (spam filtering with Akismet and layout changes).
- Added AWStats to monitor useage
I have been doing some sketch design and have written a blog entry on where I am up to (see mbrship: Initial Design with data model).
Next step is to get the relationship between People and Churches to work automatically.